Tuesday, January 6, 2015

THE TIMELESS BEAUTY OF EMBROIDERY AND APPLIQUE

Pictures say a thousand words and I could try to explain how this jacket came about, but you can  see its a one of a kind.

When I first sent for this jacket from Macy's department store about 20 or so years ago they sent me the wrong jacket, it had an eagle on the back and a bunch of studs randomly placed around the jacket. I loved it, I wore it everywhere it was my favorite. But you know times change ,
I wanted to update my beloved jacket. I knew I had some great tapastry fabric and thought it might do the trick. Well to my surprise and delight I had more fabric then I realized. After cutting and placing the appliques in places I liked I used free motion embroidery in a satin type stitch around the appliques. I was very pleased with the effect. So in finishing I sill love this jacket and wear it whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment