Friday, January 9, 2015

EMBROIDERY WITH RAYON THREAD THE MOST POPULAR


The most popular type of thread in my view is rayon. It comes in a few weights like 40 and 60 .I use #40 for most things , it has a lovely shine to it that gives your sewing lots of depth. Rayon can with stand lots of washing and still looks great, it looks delicate and feels delicate but its very hard working.

The selection of colors is enormous, you can get swept away. I have to stop myself sometime. I want every color, its like paint you can mix them together much like paint and create the most amazing things with thread.

Embroidery in my opinion is one of the longest used art forms since antiquity. But in the last few decades it has jump off the charts in its popularity.

Ever thing including your under wear can be embroidered. With the diversity of items that can be embroidered there is no shortage of work.


Blue and purple shawl



A shawl I made of wool with Celtic designs all over and initials on the bottom edge. I used rayon thread throughout. With out a doubt I would use rayon for most of my ever day work.

No comments:

Post a Comment